Sultans of Swing
... so the buzz is that Bangalore is gearing up for a Dire Straits gig. Well, it's really just Mark Knopfler but he's Mr. Dire Straits for most DS fans anyways. And this, close on the heels of last month's Sting concert! Needless to add that Bangaloreans have a healthy appetite for rock music--and more importantly, pocketbooks to match.
I love Sting but I decided against it. At Rs. 2,000 a ticket, the "sting" in my wallet would have been much too much to bear. But I hear that the twenty-something crowd was out in large numbers, lapping up the music (that their dads probably grew up on). Ok... I'll concede that music doesn't come with an expiry date, but still.
I expect Mark Knopfler's concert to be packed to the brim with the same folk. I'm sure unfazed fans will happily handout wads of cash just to be a part of it. Clearly, I've been asleep while the Bangaloreans have been quietly carting away gold nuggets from the Cauvery river.
I love Sting but I decided against it. At Rs. 2,000 a ticket, the "sting" in my wallet would have been much too much to bear. But I hear that the twenty-something crowd was out in large numbers, lapping up the music (that their dads probably grew up on). Ok... I'll concede that music doesn't come with an expiry date, but still.
I expect Mark Knopfler's concert to be packed to the brim with the same folk. I'm sure unfazed fans will happily handout wads of cash just to be a part of it. Clearly, I've been asleep while the Bangaloreans have been quietly carting away gold nuggets from the Cauvery river.
Comments