The School Adventure Begins...
Sahil and Rupal start school tomorrow. First, the good news: The kids didn't get cheated out of their regular summer vacation. The bad news is that they'll have tons of catching up to do. There's serious work awaiting them at Vidyashilp Academy because the school's in session since June. After a series of false starts and missteps, we feel that we've finally found a school that nicely fits our objectives (and pocketbooks). Vidyashilp enjoys a good reputation in Bangalore. It has modern facilities, complete with manicured lawns, swimming pool, and instructional television programming. The parents we've spoken to seemed to have good things to say about the school and its approach to education. It was reassuring to learn that they have over 60 NRI kids on their rolls.
As I write this, the kids are busily digging out school supplies and getting ready for their first day at a new school, in a new town, in a new country. I sense a tinge of nervousness in them but for the most part they seem excited to embark on this adventure. I've full faith in their strength--and resolve--to deal with the curve ball life has thrown them.
We'll drive them to school tomorrow morning, meet with their teachers, and do all we can to make sure they settle in as quickly as possible. Once again, our lives will find that predictable rhythm that comes only when kids are back in school.
***
As I write this, the kids are busily digging out school supplies and getting ready for their first day at a new school, in a new town, in a new country. I sense a tinge of nervousness in them but for the most part they seem excited to embark on this adventure. I've full faith in their strength--and resolve--to deal with the curve ball life has thrown them.
We'll drive them to school tomorrow morning, meet with their teachers, and do all we can to make sure they settle in as quickly as possible. Once again, our lives will find that predictable rhythm that comes only when kids are back in school.
***
Comments